Facts & Questions
- Can I pick up my cake from your studio? The short answer is yes (small orders only & ONLY at an arranged time!) We don't charge any additional fees to deliver your cake around Adelaide. We would rather deliver the cake to you, that way, we know that the cake arrives in one piece & it's one thing you don't need to worry about!
- How early should I book my cake in? As soon as you know you want us to create your cake! Because we care more about quality, over quantity, we don't take on as many cakes as other studios, which results in often being booked out! We would suggest as soon as you have your date & venue worked out, contact us to start the process (Unless you know exactly what you want, there's often a design, then quoting process that takes time)
- Can I try your cakes? Absolutely! Through out the year, we will have tasting boxes available to purchase. These can be purchased directly through our shop or contact us to be put on a waiting list. If you purchase a tasting box & book in your cake with us, you will receive the cost of the tasting box as a discount towards your final contact cost. (ON ORDERS OVER $500),
- Do you supply fresh flowers? Yes we do! We can either work in with your florist, or we have a couple of great florists we work in with.
- Can I supply my own flowers? Unfortunately no. We've done this in the past & each time there hasn't been enough flowers supplied, resulting in us going out & buying more (Because I'm a perfectionist & I would rather the cake look good than look incomplete because there wasn't enough flowers!)
- Do I contact my venue & arrange delivery of the cake? ABSOLUTELY NOT! That's what we're here to do! Once you book in & pay your deposit, we handle the rest. Your job is to sit back & relax (At least with the cake, anyway!) We will contact your event coordinator & liase with them delivery & set up of your cake.
- What type of flowers should I have, fresh, silk or sugar? Fresh will generally be the less expensive option. With fresh though, you are limited to what's available at the time & colour. Generally silk can be purchased in any colour & at any time. Though there are some good quality silk flowers on the market, getting the exact colour that you require may take a little time. Sugar flowers, whilst the most expensive option, will give you exactly the type of flower & can be colour matched (as close as possible) to your colour scheme. please be aware though, our sugar flowers are hand crafted, petal by petal which become very time consuming, thus expensive, BUT as they are made from sugar (or wafer paper) they will last for many years in the right environment.
- I want Metro Designer Cakes to make my cake, what do I do next? After receiving a quote, return emailing confirming you would like to proceed with the quote. We will then issue you an invoice for the full amount (ONLY 50% IS REQUIRED TO BOOK YOUR CAKE IN. WE WILL STATE THE ACTUAL AMOUNT ON YOUR EMAIL!) Only once the deposit is paid, is your cake booked in. Please be aware, most cakes take quite a few weeks to produce (not the cake itself but the decorations & planning) Sugar flowers & toppers sometimes require drying time which may mean the cake itself will take a few weeks to produce. Unfortunately, if you hold off on paying a deposit, we may not be able to accommodate your order.
- Can I pop in & just have a chat about my cake? As much as I like to chat, we don't unfortunately allow for clients to just drop in. Please ring or email Belinda to organise a suitable time to pop by.